Oberlin Collegiate Institute and First Church, 1846

Title

Oberlin Collegiate Institute and First Church, 1846

Description

Tinted wood engraving by Henry Howe in 1846 of the Oberlin Collegiate Institute campus (subsequently Oberlin College) and First Congregational Church (1844-present) (far right). The college buildings depicted include Tappan Hall (1836-85), Colonial Hall (1836-66), and Ladies Hall (1835-65).

See also Architecture of Oberlin College, Oberlin College Archives, 2015.

Creator

Howe, Henry (1816-1893)

Source

Published in Historical Collections of Ohio by Henry Howe (Cincinnati: Bradley and Anthony, c. 1847). Reproduction in the Oberlin College Archives.

Publisher

Oberlin College Archives

Date

1846

Rights

The photographs provided here by the Oberlin College Archives for the College Library server may be downloaded for one-time personal or classroom use, if not for financial gain. For all other uses of Archives' photographs--including reproduction in a brochure, scholarly article or book, or other publication (digital or otherwise)--users must seek permission from the Oberlin College Archives (email: archive@oberlin.edu; telephone 440-775-8014). Archives URL: http://www.oberlin.edu/archive/. Images from the Oberlin College Archives are protected by U.S. Copyright law.

Format

Tinted wood engraving, 1 3/4 x 3 7/8 inches

Type

wood engravings

Files

Howe_oberlin_collegiate_institute_1846_72.jpg

Citation

Howe, Henry (1816-1893), “Oberlin Collegiate Institute and First Church, 1846,” The Oberlin Sanctuary Project, accessed August 18, 2018, http://sanctuary.oberlincollegelibrary.org/items/show/55.