Browse Items (2 total)

  • Tags: preachers

Finney_House_nd_thumb.jpg
In 1835, the Oberlin Collegiate Institute (later, Oberlin College) built this Gothic Revival house for Charles Grandison Finney, who came to Oberlin that year as the head of the theological department. The year that Finney became Oberlin's second…

1916.6.jpg
Charles Grandison Finney (1792-1875),flamboyant evangelist of the Second Great Awakening, came to the Oberlin Collegiate Institute (subsequently Oberlin College) in 1835. He served as its second President from 1851-1865.For nearly a decade, from 1824…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2